I like the fact that I have extra time with my family this summer but it has been an adjustment more so this summer than last summer. I don't know why. Being home with the kids 24/7 and Missy working all night and sleeping the following day can be hectic. I love the kids and it is fun but it also has its not so fun moments. I love that Gavin says "What's up with that?" when he has a question or thinks something is weird. It is fun to watch the boys play and the way they talk to each other unless they are fighting and yelling at each other which usually ends in Gabe crying. Gabe always says "right?" at the end of his sentences. He is struggling to be his own self among the baby and the oldest. I think it will help when he attends pre-school next year. Two in school already, Ahhh!
They are both playing t-ball and starting swim lessons again. Gavin is doing pretty well. He was running to first and took a header right into the base. He was ok and SAFE! Gabe is way to cute as he waddles around the bases. One t-ball rule is you have to hit the ball past an arc on the all-grass field. It extends about 8-10 feet out from home plate. Gabe struggles to hold the bat up and swing and his first game he didn't get it past the arc. They let him run anyway. The next game he got one hit outside the arc. I was so ecstatic that I could've cried. Today's game he got another hit past the arc. I need to get some video on him hitting and put it on this website. The soft-side of me brings a lump to my throat as he "runs" to first with the batting helmet swallowing his head and dropping down over his eyes. My little boy is growing up. Gavin loves playing and regularly tells people he can hit pretty good. He does get it past the arc every time.
When asked about his favorite part of "t-ball, not baseball" he stated "The snacks after the game are my favorite."
Bethany Dillon & Matt Hammitt - Clinging To The Cross
-
I have been listening to this song lately and it really hit hard the other
day. Such simple words but it's exactly what I need to do in my life. Cling
to t...
15 years ago


2 comments:
I remember watching a little blond haired guy run to first and keep going to second. Wow a double on his first ever T-ball swing. It was so much fun watching you and Tonya maximise your talents playing sports. Still to this day I can't think of anything more enjoyable than seeing your smile on the playing field.
I Love you Bud!
Dad
I react the same way when one of my kids kicks the soccer ball or performs in front of people. There is just something so proud that wells up in you that you can't help but show emotion. It's amazing watching your kids grow up before your eyes. Lucas just showed me the other day how he can dribble the basketball. I was blown away, he pretty much taught himself while he was waiting for me at church. He holds the other hand out to protect the ball. I can't wait to see him play on a team! Love you bro! I'm so proud of the loving dad you have become.
Post a Comment