I am going to sit back, relax, and enjoy the sights and sounds of Ku's wonderful year in sports so far. First, we win the Orange Bowl (for the first time since the early 20th century) and only lose one game in football. Then we top it off with a National Championship in basketball on the 20th anniversary of their last national championship. These players went out with style. Did you know that not one of the Kansas players was on the All Conference team in the Big 12? What does that tell you about the team they put out there last night? I'll tell you what it means. It tells you that Kansas actually was a TEAM with no individual egos. 

Who do you guard at the end of the game, Chalmers, Rush, Robinson, Collins, who....? Anyone could step up at any given time. We got overlooked a lot of the time because we were said to have no "Star" player or a consistent "Go-to guy". NOT ANYMORE! We didn't need to put all our hope into one player like a Davidson or a North Carolina. KU rebounded and played defense better than any team in the tournament. Previously both teams they faced in the final four had never been behind in the tournament, NC and Memphis. This coupled with the fact that they had a never-say-die attitude led to the glorious outcome in the championship game. I will enjoy this for a long time. I was Witness!!!!
Roy Williams still has the love for KU in the stands of the Championship game last night.




2 comments:
It is remarkable how different you feel after your team wins. The feeling of, "It's not going to happen, we are so close and we aren't going to win." and that is before the game starts. I had that feeling this time and the last time KU (twenty years ago) did it. I felt the same when The KC Royals won the World Series. I had it as a freshman in College when we won the championship game and I was playing in that game. That's what makes the NCAA Basketball Tournament the best 3 weeks in sports. No question!
ROCK CHALK!
What a sureal moment for KU fans! I haven't followed KU as well as I have in the past but I felt when I was watching the championship game that I knew the team well. KU always strives for excellence with their players and coaches. It's just a great program. Go KU!
Post a Comment